Exciting. Economical. Efficient.
Just a few reasons why e-commerce is a growing retail trend in South Africa and around the world.
In fact, according to MoneyWeb “online retail continues to grow at a rapid rate in South Africa, having maintained a growth rate of above 20% since the turn of the century.”
So what exactly is e-commerce and how do you go about making it work for you and your business?
To start, it is important to define what e-commerce is.
E-commerce is defined as a “commercial transaction conducted electronically on the Internet.” So, simply put, online shopping.
E-commerce offers a wide variety of benefits to both customer and seller.
Here are just a few:
For the Customer
- Around the clock availability
- Offers variety
- Fast delivery
For the Seller
- Reduced costs
- Local and international reach
Sounds like a win-win right?
And it is, well, rather it can be. But only if you have the right strategy and tools in place to really leverage your brand and reach your desired audience.
To do this you will need to develop a solid, professional, easy-to-use e-commerce website that effectively reaches your target audience.
Here’s how to get started:
- Choose a company that has experience in developing and setting-up e-commerce sites (Hi there!)
- Ensure that you discuss and outline all the requirements of your online shopping experience upfront
- Product display
- Capturing orders
- Start the conversation with your bank (you will need to apply to be an online merchant and this can take some time to finalise)
- Choose the correct payment portal for your business (your chosen developers should be able to assist with this)
- Get sufficient training on how to maintain and operate your online store
- Develop an online strategy to promote and advertise your store
- Integrate this with your offline processes
- Partner with an experienced agency who can help you implement your online and offline marketing strategy
Each of these sites is unique and was developed to suit the specific offering of the brand to help them successfully achieve their business goals.
“Products can’t all be marketed and sold the same way. This understanding is crucial as the first stepping-stone when starting an e-commerce project. We have to understand the product, its market (how to sell it), and only then, define the scope of the project. We create custom solutions that suit the specific needs of each of our clients, including unique product delivery functionality and pricing structures.
It is great working with our clients and developing exciting solutions that will assist in making their business goals and dreams a reality”- Scott Smith, Head of Development (Coffee Creative Studio).
Looking to start an e-store? Give us a shout and let’s chat about how we can assist you in achieving your e-goals.
“The best website developers in the country! Thanks to you my new website is absolutely stunning. It is definitely something to be proud of. Thanks so much for your hard work and dedication.” – Tamlyn Doig, JitterbugSee related projects >