Instagram has come a long way since its 2010 debut when the app offered just a few basic filters to give single-post photos a little glow up. One of its newest features is Instagram Reels, and it’s a cool way to record 15-30 second multi-reel video clips set to music on the platform. Like TikTok, you can add music (your own or songs by established recording artists), audio, text, special effects and stickers, then share them with your followers, or if your account is public, make your content available to the wider IG community.
Incorporating Instagram Reels into brand marketing can be one of the smartest ways to attract more followers and increase your business page’s engagement.
How it Works
Reels can be created from your Story creation screen, or by selecting Reels at the bottom of the Instagram camera. Thereafter, a variety of creative editing tools appear on the left of the screen that can be added to your reel. Enhancing video speed, adding time-synced captions and transition overlays are among the Coffee Creative Studio team’s favourite features as they add dimension and bring unexpected surprises to content viewing.
Reels can be recorded in a series of clips (one at a time), all at once, or using video uploads from your gallery. Once a Reel has been created, you’re free to start sharing. Options exist for sharing reels via direct messages, on Stories or to a dedicated space on the Explore page; where people who don’t even follow you will be able to view your reels.
Benefits for Brands
As mentioned, Reels offers every brand the chance to reach new audiences on a global stage, along with several other key benefits, when incorporated into a business marketing strategy. These benefits include:
- Authenticity – create content that is 100% original that resonates with audiences. This is a fantastic way to show the human side of your brand.
- Impact bottom lines – increase sales by using reels to demonstrate your business offering.
- Product/Service awareness – bring your brand offering to the awareness of more consumers without the need for additional marketing spend.
- Share educational content – use reels to teach your followers something new, how you can save them money, how to wear a dress 5 ways and so forth. The only limit is your imagination.
- Inspire content mimicry – Invite audiences to participate in challenges by recreating your video content and sharing it with their followers. In so doing, opportunities for going viral increase.
- Partnerships – work with influencers to expand brand reach and progress your business evolution by partnering with socially relevant people who are tapped into trends and the pulse of the now.
Like the creative possibilities of Instagram Reels, opportunities to grow your brand with this tool, are endless. If upping your brand game is a business goal you’ve set for 2021, get in touch with us and let’s talk about improving your social media content and overall platforms presence.See related projects >